Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Taffy's home!

Yesterday, Judy and I drove to Yakima, WA and picked up their new puppy. And it IS Taffy! Abby and Sassy were also there as was their momma, Mercy. Mercy is the ugliest little mutt you ever saw, and her face looks slightly deformed because of the horrible overbite she has. She looks like the monkeys from Wizard of Oz. I would take her in a flat second if we didn't already have four dogs and three cats! The uglier the better! There are other reasons I would take her: 1. She's full grown and small. 2. She's already housebroken. 3. She's out of that puppy chewing stage. 4. She's only a year old. And 5. She's not a very pretty dog, and I know she's going to be hard to place, and that pulls at my heartstrings. Poor Mercy. Here's her picture:



Anyway, Taffy is a cute little puppy. She has wire-y AND curly hair, and she's NOT a very active puppy at all. She sat in my lap and didn't move pretty much the whole trip home. She kept her head tucked under my arm and hid. I hope she's not going to be afraid of everything. She also had gas the whole way back. I was mortified and kept telling Judy, "I swear that's not me!" HaHa!!!

Oh, yeah, and the dog rescue lady had about 20 dogs (no exaggeration) in her house. Her house was a wreck and it smelled yucky (like a bunch of dogs lived there!). She has some beautiful dogs that were hers. I fell in love with a Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound-looking dog. She was BEAUTIFUL and oh so sweet. BUT... the dog who fell in love with me was a HUGE pit bull mix that was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever seen. She called him her "gentle giant." Oh, yeah, and there was one beautiful black male dog that she said she had to keep because he was so afraid of people that she couldn't even show him. I got him to stand next to me by sweet talking to him softly, but he wouldn't let me pet him.

No comments: