Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back at Square One

I am back at square one with this stinking yarn that I bought yesterday. And here's why:


First off, I couldn't find the end of the yarn in the middle of the skein so I had to pull out quite a chunk of yarn before I found it--which is why I decided to start winding it into a ball. Then, after happily winding for awhile, I couldn't pull out anymore because it appeared to be knotted up. So, I tugged on it again, and this HUGE plug of yarn fell out of the center of the skein (in the picture is my ball, the big plug and the shell of the skein). Well, that huge plug is one gigantic knot. I spent a l-o-n-g time trying to unknot it before getting up, throwing all of the other stupid skeins I bought yesterday back in two Michael's bags and toting them out the car. I'll be pitching that pile of knots in the trash and returning the rest of it tomorrow morning. There's definitely a reason that stuff is $2 a skein: because it sucks.


So now I'm back to trying to figure out what to do with the yarns I have and if I need to buy more???

[Later... I'm back to a blue and green afghan: the denim Pound of Love yarn and the lt. celery TLC Essentials yarn. I just checked a couple of websites, this is what I found about the denim yarn: "Weight Category: 4 - Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn" I also found that TLC Essentials is a weight category of 4 (which I already knew), but on KnittingWarehouse.com, it says that its "hand is creamy and soft." I don't know where they got that because every skein I have feels plastic-y and scratchy--like if you lit it on fire it would melt rather than burn. So, anyway... I'm back to the original plan: blue and green 12" squares and TLC Essentials for the smaller sized squares (who knows what size those are going to be...?)]

No comments: