Saturday, February 21, 2009

6" Lacy Cross Crochet Square



Yesterday, I made a 6" Lacy Cross square from the 200 Crochet Blocks book that I'm loving right now. Nobody on the Craftster.org crochetalong wants to make this block (yet), but I thought I'd go ahead and try it. It's a 1-hook pattern, and it's on the same page as "Traditional Granny." I had no problems at all making the pattern EXCEPT that I'm still crocheting too big, and I had to do sc around the edges to get it to 6" instead of dc like I should have. I used a 3.75mm/F hook and Robin Egg TLC Essentials yarn (isn't it a pretty blue-green?!). I guess I can try a 3mm hook, but that seems awfully small, and I wonder if I'll have a problem splitting the yarn. I guess I'll just have to try and see. I really need to figure out how to loosen up.

No comments: