Thursday, February 26, 2009

The loan closing saga continues...

So the loan officer guy calls me back again, and told me we were closing at 8:00 last night at our house. He scheduled that without asking us, and guess what--that WON'T WORK FOR US!

So he wants to know when I good day/time would be, and I told him I'd have to call him back because I needed to see when BGR could leave work again but he wasn't home for me to ask. I tried calling BGR, but he didn't answer the phone. So I called the guy back and told him BGR works a partial day on Friday and could we schedule it for 11:00 on Friday morning. Then BGR calls back, and GUESS WHAT? He has a meeting at 11:00 on Friday morning and can't make it then.

So I had to call the loan guy back and tell him to schedule it for later in the day on Friday.

So THEN... a woman called and said she was confirming the closing at 8:00 last night, and I told her NO that time was arranged without asking us, and it just wouldn't work for us and that I'd spoken with the loan guy about rescheduling for Friday afternoon. So SHE was the scheduler and she could put us down for that time.

Meanwhile, the Notary lady called and said she was confirming for 8:00 last night and I told her NO THAT HAS BEEN CANCELLED; that we were rescheduled for Friday afternoon.

So, guess what? The scheduler (the SAME lady!) called AGAIN to confirm the closing at 8:00 last night because we were "already in the computer and she couldn't reschedule it for Friday afternoon." So I told her everybody could be here at 8:00, but we wouldn't open the door to sign. Well... she said she'd already spoken with the notary lady and confirmed it with her. So I said I'd also spoken with the notary lady about 5 minutes ago, and she now knows it's NOT at 8:00 last night and that it's Friday afternoon. So the scheduler asked me to call her (the notary lady) back "because I lost her phone number" (yeah, right). I didn't call her back, though, because I'd spoken with her 5 minutes earlier.

What a fiasco!

No comments: