Sunday, February 22, 2009

March SewConnected Fabric

OH YEAH! Yesterday I recieved my March fabric from twinfibers/Jessica for the SewConnected quilt block swap. She sent plenty of fabric; it's all vintage sheets and pillowcases! That's kind of cool. She also sent a piece of yellow linen that will be used to sash between the blocks. Here's the kicker: she sent a piece of fussy-cut fabric with a floral design in the center and asked each of us to use that "as is" in our blocks. It's only 3.75" square.
I already have a great idea. I want to do the square in the center of a 9-patch block, then make the other 8 pieces either 4-patches or 9-patches. On a 12" 9-patch block the pieces are all 4.5" so I'm going to have to do some manuevering with her "use as is" square of fabric since it's too small. I can add a little micro-border around it, and that will fix it, I think.
I need to get a move-on before somebody else makes this same block!

No comments: