Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Friends' New Puppy

Friends of ours, Judy and Gerry, had to put their little Shih Tzu (Caper) to sleep a couple of weeks ago. Well... they're in pursuit of another dog now, and little did they know that I'm the QUEEN of puppy hunting! I turned Judy on to pefinder.com the other day, but she said she couldn't find any dogs that she really liked! So, I got online and found several little dogs and puppies that I thought she might like. I walked her and Gerry through how to find the ones I found for them, and they immediately fell in love with two that are in Yakima, WA named Taffy and Mandy. They are Shih Tzu/pug/terrier/bichon/poodle mix. So, they filled out the application. Unfortunately... those two already have adoptions pending.

So... back to the drawing board... And, guess what? Taffy and Mandy have a little sister named Sassy. BUT... she's black, and Gerry doesn't really want a black dog.

So... then, yesterday, they get an e-mail from the lady who's fostering them, and wait a minute, but the white one IS still available... But, I checked. And, NOOOOOOO.... the white one that's still available is Abby. Abby IS CUTE! (I'd take her in a heart beat), but she's more terrier looking then Shih Tzu looking, and Judy and Gerry are definitely cute-and-fluffy-looking-dog-lovers rather than ugly-but-cute-wire-haired-terrier-dog lovers.

So, anyway... Here are pictures of the two puppies that are available. Sassy is the black one and Abby is the little white one. They were born on December 6.

Judy and I are going to go pick up one of them tomorrow. Not sure who we'll bring home... I'll keep you posted.

No comments: