Monday, February 23, 2009

MORE New Yarn (but it was on sale!)

All this talk about the correct weight yarn to use for the book 200 Crochet Blocks spurred me to go out and buy some DK weight yarn. BUT... I still can't tell by looking at the label that what I bought is DK weight. I kind of guessed by looking at the label of some TLC Essentials, and it's listed as a "4" (Medium). What I bought is listed as a "3" (Light). I still wasn't postive until I added the yarn to my stash on Ravelry, and found out it IS a DK weight.

Anyway, it's Red Heart Designer Sport. It was on sale for $2 a skein and I bought 5 colors (Terra Cotta, Blush Rose, Dutch Blue, Celadon and Aqua Ice). Now I have to decide if I'm going to give up on the TLC Essentials because #1. it feels kind of plastic--it's more scratchy than soft; and #2. I REALLY like the colors that I bought today, and it feels much softer to the touch.




No comments: