Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just got back from Michael's and Joann's

Okay... I hit Michael's first thing this morning to return that stinking yarn and buy a couple more frames while they're on sale. Boy! Was that lady LIVID that I returned that yarn. First off, she didn't even greet me (if she could have spit on me without getting slapped, she probably would have tried) and second off, the receipt bar code wouldn't scan so she had to type it in and that made her even madder. Next, she BANGED on her keypad REALLY HARD when she was punching in the numbers and then she SLICED my credit card through the register and SLAMMED her pen on the counter for me to sign the slip! Then when it was all over with she didn't say "thank you", "kiss my ass" or ANYTHING. She just started scanning the next customer's stuff before I could get my purse zipped up (I hate it when they do that!).

So... (and I should have left right then, but I didn't), I went back to the frames and picked up the ones I wanted (and I still managed to not get an 8x10 frame I need for the new pastel painting). And, I then rolled them back to the register where the same lady is still unhappily waiting on people, and when it was my turn, I said "hello again" and do you know what she said to me? "Huh?" And I said "hello again" and she says back "Huh?" So I said "I was just up here returning yarn." And her stupid response: "Yeah?" So I just said "Nevermind."

Her name tag said Floor Shift Supervisor.

Next I went to Joann's. I was in pursuit of TLC Essentials Butter, but they didn't have it. I bought Medium Thyme instead, and I think that will look just fine with the other colors I've already bought. At least the lady there was a little nicer, BUT she couldn't get the plastic bag opened so she licked her fingers a couple of times to see if that helped. I just said, "Whoa! I don't even need a bag!" I have one of their reusable totes, but I forgot it in the car, and all I had to carry out was two skeins of yarn so I didn't really need a bag anyway.

New Medium Thyme yarn:

No comments: