Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birch Crochet Hooks



Okay, okay! I totally didn't need them, but I ordered an 11-piece ultimate set of Brittany Birch Hooks from Jimmy Beans Wool. I only need a 3.75mm/F because I don't have that size in bamboo, and I want/need one because I don't like the blunt-nosed metal Boyle's hook that I have. This set is D, E, F, G, G+, H, I, J, K, L and M. I'm getting used to mm sizes so the letter sizes are starting to feel foreign.

The set I bought doesn't come with a silk holder like the $101 sets have, but I'm getting good at making crochet hook rolls so I'll just make another one for this set (or I may just use the roll I made for my metal hooks instead--I'll banish those back to the zippered case I had them in).

The only reason I fell in love with these hooks is because I like the cool turned decoration at the ends! I'm really not sure why I couldn't find these hooks when I was buying the bamboo ones because I would have bought this set instead. I searched for "wood crochet hooks" and I guess I was stuck on bamboo, and ignored the birch ones. I also found several very expensive hooks (like $25+ each). I LOVE those, but I'm not buying them for myself.

No comments: