Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sick of yarn talk? Too bad! Here's another one!

We went out for Chinese last night, and while we were there, I came up with a brilliant idea for my yarn issues (whether to use the new Designer Sport yarn I bought yesterday or keep using the TLC Essentials yarn I've been using).

This is what I decided and why: #1. I LIKE the TLC Essentials colors I've bought (Winter White, Sandstone, Robin Egg and Lt. Celery). #2. I also really like the colors of Designer Sport yarn I bought (Terra Cotta, Blush Rose, Dutch Blue, Celadon and Aqua Ice). #3. I REALLY wanted a blue and green afghan, BUT the Denim yarn is a worsted 10-ply/9wpi weight yarn and the green TLC Essentials yarn is a #4/medium/10-ply/8wpi weight. They're slightly different which is why when I join the two together, it looks kind of gnarly, I think. [You know, I got all that yarn weight info from the Ravelry website. I could have SWORN the Denim label said it was 4-ply?]

So (and I hate to do this, but...) I'm going to retire the Denim Pound of Love yarn I bought and go with TLC Essentials colors for the 12" crochet-along. Then, I'll use the Designer Sport colors for the 200 Crochet Blocks crochet-along. I've already made several 6-inch-ish blocks with TLC Essentials, but what I'll do with those is add rows until I get them up to 12". That way those blocks won't go to waste.

That means I'm going to have to remake the January and February Craftster.org and Ravelry blocks (and the March 2008 Craftster one), but it's still early in the year, and re-making them won't be that difficult.

No comments: