Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Craftster Crochet-along

So, Saturday, I posted an idea for another Craftster.org crochetalong. This time it's for people who have the book 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton. We'll be making 24 blocks total--one every two weeks. Everyone is encouraged to participate, but the first 23 people who pm'd me would help me choose which patterns we'd be making for the rest of the year! Well... a BUNCH of people looked at the thread (like 173), but only 7 people responded. However, that's still I nice number; since we can each pick three blocks.

Anyway, I declared myself the first person to pick a pattern, and I chose #64: Sunshine Lace. It's an easy/1-hook pattern.

I initially thought I'd keep up with the blue and green theme I'm doing on the 12" blocks, but I went to Joann's today and found some nice lt. blue, lt. yellow, lt. green and off white that was on sale, and that will make a nice blanket.

My goal is to make FOUR 6" blocks every two weeks and sew them together (somehow--I'll have to figure out how to do that part later) to make a 12" block.

Here's what my two Sunshine Lace blocks look like. I made two of them in blue before I hit Joann's today. And that other one DOES look yellow, doesn't it? The color is called "sandstone" which I think of as a brown-ish color.


Anway, I made the yellow one with TLC Essentials yarn and a 4.5mm hook; it turned out exactly 6" square. The blue ones I made with 4.0mm hook and Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn. It's a little shy of 6" and I had to strecth it out some and block it to get it to size.

No comments: