Sunday, February 22, 2009

Big Round Crochet Square...

Craftster.org crochetalong

Hmmm... I finished the Big Round crochet square out of 200 Crochet Blocks and I don't like it. Well... it's not that I don't like it; it's that I don't like that every single stinking block I'm making is a different size--all TOO DING-DANG BIG despite how small of a hook I use. The book SAYS they're supposed to be 6" blocks, but so far, I've only gotten ONE to come out to that size. The rest, I'm having to eliminate rounds to keep them at 6". That exhausts me for some reason--well if not "exhausts" than surely disappoints the snot out of me!



So... I think I'm going to just re-make all of them with one size hook (and make them all the way through ALL of the rounds; I've been stopping a couple of rounds short, and the blocks just don't look finished). Then I'll take the biggest block and try to match all of the rest of the squares to that size by stretching or by adding extra rows around the edges. Sounds like a real pain in the rear, but I don't know what else to do.


Anyway, here's Big Round minus 2 rounds. I used Robin Egg and Winter White. (The photo is kind of dark because I took the picture at 6:00 this morning).

No comments: