Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Truman's Vet Visit

The vet wants to have Truman's phenobarbital levels checked. I have to go back this afternoon at 3:00 to have his blood drawn. She's very concerned that he is having as many seizures as he's having.

His teeth are so covered with tarter that she can barely make out the fractured molar that he has so she definitely recommends a dental.

And, she could pop off both of his knee caps with no problems. At which point I told her to STOP! because it was making me queasy! Anyway, she recommends joint supplements to help him out because she suspects he has some arthritis in his back legs.

This poor, poor dog. I feel soooo sorry for him. He was petrified while were were there, too. I had to hold him close, and he put his head on my shoulder and clung to me for dear life.

He's in my lap sound asleep right now. I need to get up because he's making my legs go to sleep, but I hate to bother him.

No comments: