Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day cards!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom and Rose!!!

Brian mailed their cards last Saturday which I thought was WAY too early; however, mom's didn't get there until Friday (I was expecting them to arrive on Wednesday so I'm surprised it took that long!). I don't know if Rose got hers or not because she doesn't seem to be talking to us anymore.

The card I made for my mom is based off of a card made by Katie Anderson in Cards magazine. The nitty gritty of that one: I used some K&Company patterned paper; American Crafts ribbon; my cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder; a Prima flower; and a Jesse James button. All of the cardstock is from PaperAccents.

I really like the one I made for Rose, too. The flowers are from Oriental Trading Company. I usually doubt the quality of anything I buy from them, but in this case, the flowers are really nice! The patterned paper is from K&Company and the brad is also from OTC. The card base is Die Cuts with a View. I really don't like the DCWV cardstock because it has the white center and when you fold it the white shows through. I had to lightly sand the edges to make the white at the fold look like it was supposed to be there.

Here are the cards:

No comments: