Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My new (used) Dreamweaver books are here!

How exciting! My used Dreamweaver books got here yesterday. They were shipped media mail from VA so I wasn't expecting them until next week (or later), but it only took a week. I got Dreamweaver 8: Design and Construction and Dreamweaver 8: The Missing Manual. The second one is HUGE!

I started on the first one last night because I don't have the vaguest idea of how to design a website. I've already learned the difference between a static website and a dynamic one. The book suggests a static website for a first attempt because they're easier to create, however, I know the YMCA wants a dynamic one because they have log-ins and shopping carts. I SO hope this is something I'm going to be able to do!

Yesterday, I also bought 2 more used Photoshop books (and I haven't even made it all the way through my One on One book yet!). One of them is Photoshop CS2 for the Web--4-1/2 stars on Amazon (new on Amazon for $37.11; but I got used from BookBrothers1 for $8.24). The other is Adobe Photoshop CS2 Studio Techniques--5 stars on Amazon ($6.96 vs. $37.53--I am REALLY liking used books!).

No comments: