Friday, May 1, 2009

Photoshop One-on-One Training

So, I've been plugging my way through the lessons in the Photoshop One-on-One book. I'm enjoying myself EXCEPT for the fact that I am just following along with everything he's telling me to do with no real clue HOW he came up with the numbers he's telling me to poke in! I guess he figured it out all by trial and error, however, there's SOOOOO much to learn, I don't think I'll ever figure it all out!

He gives explanations on why we're doing a specific step, too, but I totally don't understand half of what I'm reading. And, I know none of this is sticking because I can only get a handful of the questions right on the tests at the ends of the chapters (and thank goodness they're multiple choice or I wouldn't be able to answer them at all!).

Yesterday, I did a lesson on the "Paint, Edit and Heal" tools. If my pictures suck, they just suck. I don't think I have the patience to do much editing (and that includes any of the color balance corrections or highlights, midtones and shadows corrections from Lessons 2 and 3). And, I don't have any old photographs to resore so I doubt I'll use any of the new tools I learned yesterday. However, I had a GREAT time working on the exercise. We had to take a scratched up photo of an old man and remove the scratches and heal some of his age spots. He had a gnarly old eye (I actually think it was missing) and we got to use his OTHER eye to make him a new one. I e-mailed the before and after pictures to my brother and he thought it was pretty cool that I did all that.

No comments: