Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oh, no.... Truman is TWELVE YEARS OLD!

Oh, my gosh! I just dug through all of Truman's vet paperwork. According to Kat's vet paperwork, he is 9 years 9 months old. Really... why would you come with the number of months? If it would have been me, I would have just said 9 years old. However... I just dug through the entire stack of vet paperwork that came with him, and he was reported to be 11 years 2 months as of 11/01/08, and this age was consistantly reported throughout the paperwork all the way back to 09/01/2000 when he was reported to be 3 years old (so that makes his DOB 09/01/1997).

He's been having weekly seizures since 12/05/07, but he was reported to have seizures as far back as 06/10/04. He was on phenobarbital since 2004, but his previoius owner declined it as of 11/06/08. I don't think he was on it again until 04/08/09 when he was with Kat.

He was also reported to be 18.3 pounds in 1/11/08! He weighs 10# now--what a huge difference! There is also a notation on 07/09/08 that he has a "left carnasal slab fracture" which I take is a tooth because it was in the tooth section of the report. That was recommended to be removed, but it hasn't been because there is a hole in his mouth with a stub of a tooth hanging out of it (which makes me wonder if it hurts and that's why he's lost so much weight).

I passed all this info on to the Rescue Rep. I feel really sick in the stomach... Nine-years-old was bad enough, but WHO is going to take a 12-year-old seizure dog?

No comments: