Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mini art quilt

My new mini art quilt partner filled out a great questionnaire. I can't wait to get started on a quilt for her! I already have an idea of something she may like. I also know what size I want to make it. I'll check my fabric stash, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go shopping for more. Here's a teaser: I know I need white-on-white and maybe some pink since that's her favorite color (not sure about that yet).

Joann's doesn't have a sale on their quilting fabric for this ad so I'll probably wait for it to go on sale if I can't find anything in my stash that will work.

I'm worried about the actual quilting part of it. I quilted my cherry tree mini quilt with an all-over meandering design that looked pretty good, but that's the only quilt I've ever quilted, and I'm not confident I can do it again! I would absolute HATE to mess up all my hard work with crappy quilting! I need to make a practice sandwich and practice, practice, practice. Maybe I can do some echo quilting? I'm just not sure?

No comments: