Saturday, May 23, 2009

Art Quilt Teaser

This weekend, I'm starting the art quilt for the swap I'm in. Yesterday, I went to Joann's and bought some of their 30% off fabric (Sorry, RyverChyld--I'm not a fabric snob like some of the others in the swap who only shop at quilt stores; I don't mind shopping at Joann's for fabric).

I already know I didn't get enough because I've decided I want to add a small border. I wish I'd decided this yesterday before I went shopping, but I didn't think about it until I got home. I already know the perfect fabric for the border so I'll go back this weekend and get it.

Anyway, this quilt will be pieced, have appliqué on it and some doo-dads for embellishments. I like the design enough that I'm making one for myself, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buying from quilt shops does not make someone a fabric snob. I understand the financial reasons for shopping at JoAnns and other stores like that. Fabric has different levels of quality, even fabrics that look alike. The fabric sold in quilting stores is generally a top quality fabric opposed to that sold in other fabric shops. This isn't a statement without merit as I was told this by a fabric salesperson for a fabric company. The reason people prefer to purchase at a quilting shop is that they put a lot of work and time in to the product they are making and want it to be with top quality fabric.

Good for you that you are quilting.