Friday, May 22, 2009

Truman's Dental

So, I called to schedule Truman's much-needed dental. I asked beforehand if we needed to wait until his new dosage of phenobarbital kicked in. The receptionist had to go ask, and came back and told me, no, that was no problem, and he'd be fine. Then she told me no food after midnight, but he's allowed to have his phenobarbital pill in the morning. I asked if it was okay to give it to him with a sliver of turkey? She had to ask. Then, she came back and said "stop the presses." When the vet found out it was me calling for Truman she said NO! She didn't want him to have a dental until after June 5 so his phenobarbital will have time to work (we hope)--which is why I asked in the beginning! She's afraid he'll have a seizure while he's on the table so she'd prefer to wait. He has to have his phenobarbital levels ($75 bloodwork) checked in two weeks anyway, so I guess we can do that at the same time they do the $450-$650 dental.

No comments: