Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More Cards for Men


Hard to see in the photo, but these are the cards I've come up with so far for Tony. The two on the right have engraved cork; the top one is a wrought iron fence and the bottom one is a leaf. The top left one is simple with three metallic blue squares with bronze eyelets in the centers. I don't like the bottom left one at all, and I probably won't even send him that one. Even though the three squares one is the most simple I've made so far, I think it's my favorite!
My brother got back to me on some masculine themes I could use on these cards: beer, naked women, hunting, fishing, sports and big screen TVs. I thought that was pretty funny! But even funnier is that I have graphics for each of these themes that I can engrave into the cork!
My goal is to come up with 2 kraft, 2 cream&brown and 2 black&white cards to send him to choose from. I'm debating on including an envelope of "make-your-own" elements that he can pick and choose from to design his own card. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
Funny thing is.... these cards look alot like sympathy cards to me, and I think I may submit them for publication as such!
Ummmm... my paragraphs are being eaten again so this post is one big paragraph. I hate it when that happens!

No comments: