Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SewConnected Fabric for November has been mailed

I took my November SewConnected fabric to the PO this morning. I spent alot of money on it, but I'm just not all that thrilled with it. We'll see what kind of blocks people can make for me out of it. I need to make myself one, too, and see what I can make out of it... I've had the fabric sitting on my desk in front of me for a week now, and I'm just not very inspired by it. Oh, well... it's too late now. I've already mailed it all out.

I DID post a note on the message board that I'm not thrilled with my fabric, and everybody could cheer me by making me some awesome blocks!

Ummm... I wonder what kind of block I can make myself? I cut the fabric into 6.75 x 16" pieces. There are 6 pieces in that size, and one piece that's 6.75 x 8". I made the last one a smaller size because I'm not sure it even goes with the other fabrics. It's chocolate brown with light blue "bubbles"/circles on it. Of the larger fabrics, there's a dark brown damask, the orange "sand dollar", the light blue Surf and Sand, a solid Kona bone, a wild floral print with brown and blue colors, and a blue-gray Surf and Sand.

I think I may try the same pattern I made for ritapizza--at least I think. Or maybe I should try something different, like from the Japanese Quilt Blocks book I have. Or, I could make up my own pattern and see how well I can do that... Shesh! There are too many choices!

No comments: