Monday, October 20, 2008

Cat Food experiment...

We are in SUCH trouble! Murray's favorite cat food is no longer being manufactured! He likes Nature's Best by Science Diet: Ocean Fish for Adult Cats. They've changed the recipe to Brown Rice and Ocean Fish, plus changed the fish shapes, and guess what? He won't eat it!

We have bought every single bag of the old stuff this town has, but now everybody's only stocking the new formula. EGADS!

So... today I started a controlled experiement (HA! Real scientific!). I bought $38 worth of different kinds of cat food from PetCo. I bought ones that we can buy 17 lb. bags of later if we discover Murray will eat any of it. First, I put their old food away so they won't be distracted by it. Next, I poured each new food into a bowl and labled the bowls so we'll know which one(s) is(are) most popular. I bought Wellness (Salmon), Natural Balance (sweet pea and duck), Solid Gold (Lamb) and Nature's Recipe (Salmon)--it's all good, holistic, expensive stuff. Moke and Ozzy like the salmon and lamb the best, but Murray is asleep right now and hasn't had a chance to try any of it. My bet is on the salmon since he liked the ocean fish one, but I'm just not sure.

No comments: