Thursday, October 16, 2008

Paper Piecing CD

I got a copy of Paper Wishes' newest catalog yesterday afternoon, and found a paper piecing CD on the back cover for $14.95. Their paper piecing books (volumes 1-3) have been out of print for awhile, so they made the CD instead. I was hesitant to buy it because the designs shown are that cutesy primitative countrified look that I don't like. However, SURELY out of 606 designs I can find some that I like.

The description just says they're full sized patterns you just print out. I wonder what the file format is, and if I can cut them out with the laser? I guess I can print them out then scan them so I can use them with the laser (and that way they're resizable, too). I wonder if I'm allowed to use them on items to sell. I guess I'll have to find out.

Anyway, I also bought the ABC Paper Piecing book they have. That one has some really, really cute designs that would be GREAT for the ABC ATC swap that I'm in. I need a good "w" word, and the picture shows a "worm" (however, I just realized "words" would be a good one, too, and I can copy a page from a dictionary). Anyway, I guess on those I'll have to scan the pattern pages so I can resize the patterns to fit an ATC card.

No comments: