Monday, September 29, 2008

Designing cards for men...

My friend from college, Tony, has asked me to design some cards for him. Designing for females is easy: glitter, rhinestones, ribbon and scallops. Men are a whole other ballgame, though.

These are his requirements: he sends them for work so they have to be a little bit formal and classic, but he wants them to have a personal flair to them. I asked if kraft cardstock with black accents is too casual. He doesn't know what kraft cardstock is (it's like a brown paper bag, but not all wrinkled), but he's not opposed to black accents.

So far, I've come up with three; all of which are on kraft cardstock. One has engraved cork matted with black cardstock (love it!). One has black laser cuts (not my favorite). The last one has navy blue metallic accents with bronze eyelets in the centers (I really like it, but I'm not sure if it's too simple).

I also want to try a cream and brown card and a black and white card. I have several ideas running around in my head. I wonder if stitching is too feminine?

No comments: