Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ajanderson78 MIA!

Yesterday, on the Craftster.org block swap thread, MissDisney took offense that I called ajanderson78 a flaker (which is what people are called when they skip town on a swap). Well, I call it like I see it: she hasn't been heard from since July 23! She was in all three groups so she received fabric from 30 people! She also received finished blocks from 30 people. Basically, she stole our fabric and got a free quilt in the process.

MissDisney was really offended when she has NO room to be so. A deadline's a deadline, and ajanderson78 missed it without the courtesy of communicating. MissDisney also missed the send deadline by 3 weeks (plus she was 2 weeks late sending out her fabric at the beginning of the swap). She made every excuse in the book (the "lady flu", strep throat, her husband didn't get paid, her father didn't pay his rent on time, she couldn't get to the PO, blah, blah, blah). I don't find fault with her, though, because she PARTICIPATED and COMMUNICATED. Everybody knew exactly what her ailments were the entire swap. ajanderson78, on the other hand, was MIA since the very beginning.

Several of the participants pm'd her; I e-mailed her; one of the swap coordinators sent her a letter; another participant googled her name and found her phone number so she called her and left a message. She has so far has ignored all attempts at communication.

athenamat finally got around to posting a "temporary" negative feedback on ajanderson78's profile in hopes that she'll "pull through." Whatever. I may be pleasantly surprised one day to find my fabric in the mail (or even better: the block she was supposed to make for me!), but I'm not holding my breath. If that does happen I'll post an apology for calling her a flaker (even though, technically, as late as she would be, she'd still be a flaker in my book!).

That said, I DO hope ajanderson78 is alive and well and just ignoring us, and that she's not hurt or dead and unable to communicate!

No comments: