Sunday, October 19, 2008

Christmas Cards 2008

I'm so excited about the Christmas cards that I've cut with the laser! I'm able to "offer" 22 cards for Laura, Amy, Cynthia and Judy to choose from, and I'm hoping they will pass the samples around and more people will place some orders.

Most of the cards are $2/card. Some are $2.25 (the Santa scene because of the laser time) or $2.50 (the ones with charms) and one is $3/card (the acrylic snowflake).

I created a "menu" with a photo of each that lists a description and any notes about the card (like "requires tacky glue") and the price per card for each of them.

At the end of the menu, I listed general notes (like "All cards are blank inside unless you want me to print a greeting for $0.10 extra per card"). I also listed an Extras section that shows pricing for tape squares dispensers, bottles of tacky glue and 5x7 envelopes instead of 4.25 x 5.5 envelopes. I'm not making any extra money off any of those things, I'll just do the shopping for them and provide it when I provide the card parts.

BGR's new favorite card is the Santa scene (middle of the second row from the bottom). That one takes a long time to cut out because the reindeer antlers are very detailed. They're also very delicate and hard to work with, but that looks like what our card will be this year because that's what he likes.

No comments: