Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tony's Cards (again!)

I forgot to mention yesterday that while Tony didn't like the cards I sent him, he IS interested in a custom-made card design: one with the gay pride rainbow colors, and if I would make those for him, he'd buy a set.

So... I haven't gotten around to doing that for him yet. It's a low priority right now because I'm working on Christmas card designs. However... yesterday, I recieved a check in the mail from him--for the sample cards that I sent him. I TOTALLY didn't expect payment for those cards! They were SAMPLES that he could order from if he liked them (which he didn't).

I was going to return his check to him, but then decided I'd keep it only because I'll make him the rainbow cards he wants. And, now, those cards are a higher priority because they've been paid for already. I guess I'll work on those today so I can get them sent out to him soon.

I'm going to put the squares on a white card with gold eyelets. Or at least I think I'll use gold--I'm not sure if that's too shiny or if silver or bronze or black will be better (I'll just have to play around to see which ones look best).

And, I actually have cardstock in all colors of the rainbow: ROYGBIV. The squares are going to be tiny if all 7 colors are to fit across the span of the card. I just hope the eyelet doesn't smother the square. I'm not sure if I have 1/16" eyelets or not? Do they make them that small or is 1/8" the smallest? I'll have to dig through my stash of eyelets and see what I've got.

Anyway... the other thing I'm excited about is that I'm going to cut out the circles for the card on the laser, too. That way, they'll be perfectly aligned and distributed and I won't have to eyeball the squares' placements. I had to think for a moment how to do that on the laser, but I think I have it figured out. I love a challenge!

And... He'd better not send me another check!

No comments: