Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tony's Cards

I forgot to mention that Tony DIDN'T LIKE THE CARDS I SENT HIM! How is that possible? They were NICE cards! Well... he DID like the one with the three squares, but it needs to be in a smaller size. #1. I don't have envelopes in a smaller size, and #2. Smaller sized cards would still be the same price because I'm destroying a full sheet of 8.5 x 11" cardstock to get two cards in a smaller size.

I wonder if the price was an issue. I told him they would be $2.50/cards. Considering I sell cards on Etsy for $3.50 a pop, he was getting a deal on original, handmade cards.

The good news is that I learned alot by designing for him; I wouldn't have thought about engraved cork if I hadn't done this work for him. I've already "booked" another card class, and the engraved cork cards were the biggest "hit". (Ha! So there, Tony!)

Also, another friend asked for a very specific card: one with a quail on it. That left me stumped for awhile. How in the world would YOU do a quail card? Anyway, I was able to do an engraved cork quail, matted in brown with a bronze eyelet beneath it. I pasted all of that on a cream, linen card base. It is a very, very pretty card that he really liked. (Ha! So there, Tony!)

I'm working on Christmas cards now, and I think an engraved cork Christmas tree, might be pretty on a kraft cardstock base. I'll play around with that today and see if I like it or not.

No comments: