Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SewConnected Block for Myself



I finished the block for myself yesterday! I added rick-rack trim to the center square, and I really like how that looks. I used glue stick to hold the rick-rack in place before I sewed it, and that worked out well.

I think the bubble fabric at the tops of the "arms" looks out of place, but it's too late now!

This is called "Triple Stripe" from EQ6. Unfortunately, the measurements are off on the corner pieces! I was about 1/8" off (maybe more), and so it made very "shallow" seams when sewing on the borders.

I'm glad this is my block, because I would have been SOOOOOOO disappointed if I'd tried to make this block for someone else, and it was messed up on the back like this one is. I guess I need to make sample blocks out of my fabric before attempting blocks for others. That's what I did with the "City Girl" quilt, and it's why I was able to make such a large quilt.

I wish I'd added rick-rack trim all the way around the border, too. That would have been pretty neat. I'm NOT picking it out, though.

No comments: