Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oriental Trading Company Brads

I had a $20 off coupon to use with Oriental Trading Company so I thought I'd buy some mini brads. So I did. And they got here. And BOY am I disappointed in myself! I'd already bought these EXACT SAME BRADS before (and I was disappointed in them then, so why did I go out and buy MORE just like the ones I already despised?)!

The OTC brads are VERY cheap (I guess you get what you pay for, huh?). The head is flat and rather wavy around the borders rather than having a prominent "cap" like quality brads have. Here's a photo (the OTC brad with the flat head is in the front, and a Making Memories brad with a nicely-formed cap is in the background):


The photo doesn't look like it's THAT bad, but it really is. And, here's a photograph from their website. The brads in the picture have very nice heads (which is why I bought them to begin with)--but these in the picture are NOTHING like the flimsy brads I got.

No comments: