Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The 2009 Biggy Iggy Auction!

EDIT: The Biggy Iggy Auction opened May 3, 2009: http://www.biggyiggyauction.com/

Alice Espey loved the little "I ♥ My Iggy" notecard I sent to her, and she asked me if I would make some for the Biggy Iggy Auction. It's their big fundraiser for the year. It's an online auction that is a very scaled down version of eBay. It starts May 3 and lasts for the month (EDIT: it's 8 weeks long this time) though items are only listed for a week (so they have different items each week for people to bid on).

I'm more than happy to make some cards to donate! They won't be big money makers, but they might appeal to people who want to participate, but not spend alot of money.

I've also decided to donate a handmade, customized 10-page scrapbook. The winner will e-mail me 10 pictures and I'll put together the scrapbook for him/her. I *think* that's a good idea... maybe... That's something I would LOVE.

I just e-mailed Patty Woodbury (the person in charge of the auction) to see if she thought the scrapbook is a good idea or not.

I've already created sample pages to include with the description if Patty thinks the scrapbook is a good idea. It says "Samples: Pages Will Vary" in the center.



And I think the description will be:


Handmade Scrapbook!

This is a fun way to show off 10 of your favorite iggy photos! This is a 10-page 8x8 album that features handmade covers. Each page is decorated with both digital and traditional scrapbooking embellishments. Pages will vary from those shown in this listing.

Winner provides 10 photos via e-mail (preferred) or snail mail with the name(s) of your iggy(s)

Album will be finished within 3 (?) weeks of the receipt of your photos.

Happy Bidding. Opening bid is $25 (?)

I don't think $25 is too much considering this is a fundraiser!

{LATER...} I changed the opening bid to $35-$40. I realized (duh!) that's less than $4/page (without the handmade covers). I don't think that's too much to ask... is it??? I'm so not sure!

I think the opening bid on my handmade cards should be $12 for a set of 4. That's $3/card. I'm going to make the I ♥ My Iggy cards today and I'm going to make some non-iggy cards to donate as well.

No comments: