Monday, April 13, 2009

Polaroid My Memories Suite Software!

EDIT: See my Polaroid My Memories Suite Reviews here (Review #1) and here (Review #2). The second review is all the things I wish it could do, but doesn't.

Okay! It's not even here and I'm already so excited about it I can't stand it! I ordered Polaroid My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software last week. I can't WAIT for it to get here! It was the #1 rated digital scrapbooking software on toptenreviews.com where they compared it to 14 other software products. I read all of the reviews on that website as well as other reviews on people's blogs and decided I HAD to have it!

It got check marks for pretty much every category reviewed. The only things it didn't get check marks for are: Importing from CD, cell phone and web; multiple page sizes; brushes; download additional graphics at no charge; output: PDF; Supported configurations: Windows 2000

About the only thing I see that it won't do (and I may possibly want) is print to .pdf files. I don't see how it CAN'T since you just print to .pdf just like printing to a printer. It may just print a blank page for all I know, but we'll just have to see about that.

{Wait one stinking minute! I just re-read the review, and pdfs are definitely an option! I'm not sure why it didn't get a check mark for that category? Also... I know it will do 6x6, 8x8, 8-1/2x11 and 12x12 page sizes so I'm not sure why "multiple page sizes" wasn't checked, too?}

Anyhoo, I paid $59.98 for it because I found a $20 discount. You can find that discount here (I'm not sure how long the discount is good, but it's there as of today--04/13/09).

It's supposed to be really awesome because it supports common file types (like .jpg and .png) so you can use the backgrounds and elements with other software. And, I can make all kinds of really cool layouts by just adding my pictures to pre-made templates or by designing my own layouts with their embellishments and backgrounds! How much fun is that?! See I'm stark raving wild about it and I don't even have it yet! I wish it would hurry up and GET HERE ALREADY!

Oh yeah... I don't think I'll ever use these features, but it allows you to add music and recordings to digital pages you copy to CD. I can see using this if we had kids and we got them to sing happy birthday to grandma or grandpa, for example. But the only singing that goes on around here is when the dogs howl at 3:30 in the morning!

You can also download the pages to an iPod which I pretty much think is stupid. That's like trying to view someone's vacation pictures on a digital camera screen (which my parents just had to do when their neighbor returned from a trip to Mexico)! It's just too dang small!

No comments: