Thursday, April 16, 2009

PhotoShop

So... After I bought the My Memories Suite software, I read several other comments that Adobe PhotoShop is actually the very BEST software "out there" to use for digital scrapbooking. Well... I already have PhotoShop CS2, I just don't have a clue how to use it! Actually, "Learn PhotoShop" has been a New Year's Resolution for the last 2 years, and I just haven't gotten around to it. Last year, I bought the "Wow!" book so I could learn how, but I pretty much think that book sucks because I couldn't understand anything in it (and I AM NOT stupid--I consider myself to be very compter literate, and I don't have any problems understanding other software... Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch... oh, sigh...).

So... guess what I did? #1. I bought online videos of PhotoShop tutorials for $24 from ScrapGirls. I haven't sat through all of them yet, but I will. So far, I've made it through four of the modules, and I already know more than I ever learned with that "Wow!" book. Then #2. I bought some more PhotoShop how-to books from Amazon.com. I got PhotoShop: One-on-One, PhotoShop: 100 Tips and Tricks (which is an intermediate book for after I finally learn the basics) and Teach Yourself Visually: PhotoShop. I really liked the "Teach Yourself Visually" series when I bought one for crochet.

No, I don't think I need that many books, but I bought them anyway! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to learn new things so maybe this will "stick" since I'm going to be learning by video and by books.

And, actually... I remember in college when I had to know how to use Word so I could type Brian's thesis. I got a how-to book from the library and read the ENTIRE 600 pages before I even sat down at the computer. Maybe I should do that with these books, too, before I even try to get my feet wet? I'll just have to see if they're hands-on type books or not?

No comments: