Sunday, March 22, 2009

Whew! The IGCA Rep Got Back To Me

I was soooo worried I'd made the IGCA Rep mad at me for some reason, but she got back to me yesterday. She had been busy trying to place a seizure dog in the right foster home, and that's all she was focused on.

She wrote a huge e-mail about what'nall they do when an IG is adopted out. Wow! It's as intense as adopting a child. They even do a home visit! This is WONDERFUL, but it's so hard, I'm sure most people just give up. Honestly, I wouldn't like somebody going through my house. And I'm sure breeders don't have all of those requirements; that it's just "show me the money" and they get a puppy. Rescue is cheaper ($250), but I'll bet most people don't think it's worth it. All of this means a dog is only going into the very best home, but also that there are still alot of dogs in the rescue program waiting to be placed since they're so picky! This makes me wonder how long Eika is going to be with us...

No comments: