Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The loan closing...

I cannot believe it, but the bank pulled through at the very last possible second, and we were able to close on our new loan last night.

Nicole from our branch called me, and gave me the phone number for the manager of home loans (in Chicago). I was supposed to call him to confirm a closing time. I asked for 4:00 and he assured me that was plenty of time to get the documents.

The notary called to confirm the time, and I asked her to call me when she got the documents so she could tell me what the numbers were. She called at 3:00 to let me know the payoff amount--and guess what it was STILL the wrong number! So then I had to call the bank and they had to scramble to get everything done by 4:00. At 3:45 I called the bank to find out if we needed to show up or not, and the e-mail with the corrected documents had just come through. They told us to be there at 4:00 as we planned.

So, we were finally able to sign on the dotted line! I've already started writing my letter of complaint. I'm glad I blogged some about this whole fiasco so I had the dates already documented.

No comments: