Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The big gold frame

Yesterday I hit Michael's for a frame for the pastel painting I bought from Mary Ditweiler. I looked around for the perfect frame, but didn't see anything I liked until I got over to the open-backed frames where I found a big gold frame with lots of molding. I've never bought an open-backed frame before, but there was a sign that said "1. pick the frame 2. pick the mat 3. we'll assemble it for you." I didn't need a mat, but I found a little "kit" you buy that has glass and backing mat board. I asked for help, and the sales girl said she liked the black mat so I kept it. I think it looks okay. She assembled it for me. Here it is!:

Oh, yeah! The little sales girl was so helpful, and she was really cute. I noticed she had a little, funny-shaped purple birthmark below her left eye. Well then I spotted the tattoos she hand on her knuckles and fingers and realized she had a TEAR tattooed beneath her eye! She totally didn't look like the kind of person who'd have tattoos like that! Not that I'm being judgemental, I just think she looked rather preppy-ish in her khaki pants and chambray shirt (is that a Michael's uniform?).

No comments: