Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's going to be a l-o-n-g day...

We found Mylo in the floor having a seizure at 12:13. I don't know how long he'd been having it before we found him (and we only found him because Iggy Pop "alerted" and barked her silly head off).

Brian laid in the floor with us for about 10 minutes then said "can you handle it from here?" which I knew meant he wanted a cup of coffee and to smoke a cigarette. I asked fora cup of coffee, which he brought to me. He put it on the nightstand--just out of reach! I was drooling for that coffee.

Anyway, he (Brian) would occasionally call upstairs: "how's he doing?" which made me FURIOUS.

An hour later, I finally carried Mylo downstairs, found Brian camped out on the couch watching TV, and screamed "WHY COULDN'T YOU CHECK ON US!" At which point Mylo threw himself into another violent seizure. Boy! Brian really pissed me off.

So... we decided to call Emergency Pet Services because Mylo kept slightly recovering and then going back into another seizure. They (of course--cha ching) told me to bring him in. He had five seizures on the way there, but once we got there, he miraculously recovered! We took him in and told them we'd like to watch him for a little while before they did anything to him and charged us $350. The tech took his temperature, and it was normal. They went ahead and filled out a chart for him in case we needed to bring him back, but they didn't charge us anything (thank goodness!).

We got back home at 2:00. Sigh... it's going to be a long day...

No comments: