Thursday, March 19, 2009

Eika's Life So Far...

Poor Eika. I took her to the vet yesterday for a Wellness Exam. She was a nervous wreck, but she passed with flying colors! The bump on her side appears to be a wart and nothing to worry about unless it grows larger. I couldn't see or feel a scar from where she was spayed so I asked the vet if she could tell. Hmmmm.... nope... she couldn't tell either, but she said Eika may have had a keyhole procedure and a scar would be virtually undetectable.

When I got home, the Rescue Coordinator (Alice) sent me an e-mail and asked me to fax over the records we received from the Humane Society. Unfortunately, we didn't receive ANYTHING from the Humane Society except her rabies tag. So, Alice asked me to have her vaccinated at our vet. I made another appointment for her and took her back yesterday afternoon. Then I scanned and e-mailed everything we've had done to her so far ($128 worth!).

Next, I got the bright idea to call the vet's office on her rabies tag and find out what they could tell me about her. The lady at the vet's office KNOWS who Eika is because one of her previous owners worked there! She let me know she HAS been spayed and she was UTD on her shots (so now she's over-vaccinated). She's had four owners (plus being with the Humane Society and now in foster care). She had a dental in Febraury 2008 (which isn't cheap so I can't imagine someone paying for a dental and then turning her over to the Humane Society). She WAS a show dog and came from a kennel in The Dalles.

She is a sweet, sweet dog, and she's going to make someone very happy.

No comments: