Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tic Tac Toe and Twin Sisters





These are two blocks that I made yesterday. The first one is called "Twin Sisters" and it looks SO easy to do, however, it is the first block I've ever made using 45-degree cuts. I messed around with Corel Draw until I figured out how to draw the 45-degree angles so I could laser-cut the pieces. Once I figured out how to make the cuts, sewing the block together was a piece of cake. (And now I have another block with 45-degree cuts that I'm going to attempt.)

I'm calling the second block "Tic Tac Toe." It's a modified block from EQ6. I don't remember exactly what it looked like in EQ6, but I know I had to change it some to make it easier for me to sew. I don't know how to do partial seams, and I'm pretty sure that block had them in there somewhere. Anyway... more rick-rack! I hope these blocks aren't all looking too much alike. I need to work in more bone.

Today, besides the 45-degree angle block, I also want to attempt a block with circles--not sewn in circles (because I don't know how to do that either), but appliqué circles with zig-zag borders. I'm envisioning a bone background with the King's Road Eclectic print for the circles. Hmmmm.... we'll just have to see about that one...

No comments: