Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Saturday after Black Friday, etc.

I headed back to Joann's at 7:00 this morning. I was 6th in line, but there was no rush to get in (big difference from yesterday!). I got several bags of batting (Queen, Full and Crib Size; they were out of twin) and I picked up three bolts of Pelon interfacing (what a steal at $2.99 for 10 yards!). And, I DID buy those Legacy Studio fat quarters that I'd talked myself out of (because I don't NEED anymore fabric!).

Now, I'm trying to find a quilt pattern that I can do to use of all those fat quarters (it's a set of 24), and I'm not having any luck! I guess I need to add a solid Kona cotton, and that may help me pick a design.

Next, Brian and I went to the gym for BodyCombat. That was fun, though I couldn't understand anything the instructor was saying. The music was too loud plus and she has an accent. Fortunately I was able to follow along pretty well without accidently kicking anybody because I was out of sequence!

I may run on the treadmill later this afternoon, too. I wish I had my music which helps me keep a beat and run longer. My MP3 player is crapped out. It won't hold a charge, and it gets stuck at the "Welcome" window. We opened it up, but there's no way to replace the battery. I was able to hook it up to the computer and copy all of the music that was on it back to the computer so I can pitch the stinking thing in the trash. Last week, I ordered a new MP3 player from Overstock.com, but it won't get here until Monday. It's a SanDisk Sansa 8MB player. It's refurbished, but it's over half off the retail price of a new unit, and it still has a 90-day warranty. I just hope it works, and I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it.

I asked Brian for an armband to go with it for Christmas. That way I can run on the treadmill with it. Until then, I guess I'll tuck it in the waistband of my pants and hope I don't jerk it off of myself.

No comments: