Sunday, November 2, 2008

More Eclectic Blocks








Did I write that I'm calling my SewConnected quilt "Eclectic?" That's a good name, I think, because it is really wild.




I made three more blocks this morning. The predominantly brown block (the last one) with the little damask square is just a random block I made. I didn't send out that light brown fabric, and decided I needed a healthy dose of it in the quilt.


The scrappy one (the top block) is mostly Bubbachic's left over fabric. I had to add a few tidbits (the light brown and more bone).


The second block is from Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match by Susan Briscoe. It's called Yamato kasure igeta (translation: "Yamato well curb"--whatever that means?). The blocks in that book are only 9" so I had to add a thicker border to get it up to 12.5".

No comments: