Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Speedo Bathing Suits

We switched gyms last month from Keene Fitness back to Kia Ora (formerly known as World's Gym). We missed the pool and the classes.

So far, though, I haven't been able to drag myself to the pool that I thought I missed so much! However, yesterday, I dug through my drawers until I found the stack of bathing suits I used to wear on Johnston Island when I was swimming regularly. I tried them on this morning. There is NO WAY those stinking things don't fit! I have lost so much weight that I have to wear a belt with size 4 jeans to keep them from falling around my ankles. And yet a size 10 Speedo is almost too small for me! I don't remember them being so tight when I was on JI, and I weighed 15 or 20 pounds more then... Or maybe I was in denial about needing a bigger size and squeezed myself into them even though they're too small? Maybe I was more toned since I was swimming and running all the time? Who knows... I just know they're uncomfortably tight now. Do they stretch out in the water? I don't remember?

So... I decided to order a couple more suits from SwimOutlet.com. I bought some Club Swim suits in size 10 in hopes that don't run as small as Speedos. One is this:

How cute is that? Who'da thunk I'd like CAMO?! But I love it!


I like these 2-piece suits for two reasons. #1. I don't have a necessarily long torso, but one-piece suits tend to shrink up and make me have to hunch over to prevent the suit from crawling up my crotch and crack (crude, but oh so true). And #2 they have tie waists to keep them from slipping off (very convenient).

Now if I can just get over this crud that I have so I can get back in the pool... Buying more suits is definitely a big motivator!

No comments: