Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Book List


Every year for Christmas, I ask Brian to get me books to read for the rest of the year. Even though I'm still behind on my reading for this year, I just made my Christmas list:


I always ask for the newest pop-up book, and this year it's called ABC3D. I can't wait to get my hands on that one!
I'm also asking for:

The Breathtaker,
Alice Blanchards
The Road, Cormac McCarthy
Cane River, Lilita Tademy
The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Dìaz
My Horizontal Life, Chelsea Handler
Shadow Country, Pater Matthiessen
Foul Play, Janet Evanovich
The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, Joshilyn Jackson
Promise Not to Tell, Jennifer McMahon
Empire Falls, Richard Russo
Nobody's Fool, Richard Russo
The Many Aspects of Mobile Home Living, Martin Clark
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Lisa See

I usually select my books based on the how many stars they got on Amazon.com, however, I've also bought a few Oprah's Book Club books and a few Today Show Book Club books.

Most of Oprah's books, though, I find to be too depressing to read. As a matter of fact, I thought She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb (which got 4 stars) to be one of the saddest, most depressing books I've ever read. I was almost too depressed to move after I finished that silly book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a pop-up designer and teacher, I agree that the pop-up ABC book is absolutely wonderful. If you're ever interested in making your own pop-ups (they make great holiday cards and gifts!) you might add my book "The Pocket Paper Engineer" to your list. Hope you get everything you ask for....Carol Barton