Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Eco Breeze Backing


Here's the backing for the Eco Breeze quilt kit I bought at Joann's. I bought 3 yards of fabric as the directions said I'd need. However, instead of 108" of fabric, the lady only cut me 104"! That totally messed up my nice pretty in-the-middle seam that I was planning on doing.

So... this was my first attempt at random piecing a backing. I did not bad, though I REALLY had to think hard to do it.

The top part in the picture is two pieces; the bottom part is three. I laser-cut my leftover fabric and added it to the middle just for the heck of it, and I really like how that turned out!

Now I'm worried about the Urban Windowpanes backing. I don't have any leftover pieces from the front to add to the backing so if it's not big enough, I'm up the creek (I bought it on a different day, but the same lady cut it for me). I mean I can always buy more, but that really aggravates me if that's what I end up having to do!

No comments: