Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Card Party

Yesterday was the Christmas Card Party, and I'm SOOOO happy that it was a smashing success!

I put all the card parts in clear plastic envelopes and then bundled all of those in clear cellophane bags along with red acrylic ornaments of their names that I cut out on the laser. I topped the cellophane bags with red toppers that had big white snowflake die cuts on them. I handed out Christmas gift bags at the end of the afternoon for everyone to put their cards in. That was just a nice little finishing touch. Everybody loved the presentation (and I'm glad because it was alot of effort!).

Judy is ready to have another party like RIGHT NOW! She didn't get enough yesterday afternoon! She ordered the least amount of cards, and got finished before everyone else. She kept saying, "I should have ordered more! I should have ordered more!"

Anyway, both Judy and Laura finished all of their cards (they ordered 16 and 25 respectively). Amy and Cynthia both ordered 50+ cards so they didn't quite get done. Judy and I helped them some, but they still didn't get finished, and they'll have to finish up at home. They each made a sample card of the ones they had left to complete so they'll know how to put them together when they get home.

And out of all of the card parts I put together, I only missed one Christmas tree in Cynthia's set of cards. I'll have to mail it to her.

Oh, yay!

The only bad part about yesterday is that I started feeling really crappy at the end of the afternoon, and now today, I'm SICK with the crud that Brian had last week. Ugh.

No comments: