Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

This morning, I braved Black Friday crowds and went shopping at Joann's. This was my first time ever attempting the sales. I got there at 5:50, and the line was wrapped around the side of the store! Most people already had their carts, but I didn't realize that until I was already at the back of the line, and I didn't want to lose my place to go get one. I didn't want anything big anyway so I stopped by the front door and grabbed a hand basket (and almost got trampled in the process because the lady with a cart behind me almost ran over me!).

I totally didn't need one, but I bought a Gingher 45mm rotary cutter for $29.99 (it was one of the doorbusters for today--regularly $74.99). It feels sooooo nice in my hand. It's a light-weight metal. I can't wait to use it. I also bought some 50% off sewing machine needles and a 50% off 12x12 rotating self-healing mat. I was happy to get that little jewel since I've had my eye on one of those for quite awhile.

Fortunately for me, everybody else was making a mad dash for the $1.49 flannel, and they had to stand in line to have it cut. When I was ready to go, I didn't even have to wait in line to check out. I was home by 6:20! Not bad at all.

The bad news is that I have to go back tomorrow because they're having DIFFERENT doorbusters tomorrow. I want a set of Legacy Studio fat quarters for $34.99 and a couple of bolts of interfacing for my purses. The interfacing is a steal at $2.99 for a 10-yard bolt!

No comments: