Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fabric Shopping at Joann's

So yesterday, I went fabric shopping at Joann's. All of their quilting fabric is 30% off, and then I had an extra 10% off coupon that I could use. I bought the M'Liss Rae and Heidi Grace fabrics that I scoped out last week. Plus, the Quilts with Style kits like I bought last week WEREN'T on sale this week so I used my 40% of coupon on another one of those.

Then I got home and checked out my receipt. Well guess what? Only one of the M'Liss Rae fabrics rang up at the sale price, and the other 7 I bought didn't! And, there was another $6.99 black and white fabric I bought that also didn't show up on sale.

I called the store, and the girl there was absolutely NO help at all--not that she was rude, but that she simply didn't know (so why do they have people who can't answer questions answering the phone?). She just kept saying, "there isn't a sign that says it's on sale..."

So... I went back today and caught the manager dude as he was walking in the door. I told him my problem, and he used me as a guinnea pig to show his assistant manager how to do a price adjustment. He didn't even double check that the fabric was on sale--he just trusted me. However, I was right because they #1. had to return the fabric at the price I paid for it and then #2. re-ring the sale at the sale price--only today it showed up with the sale price so they didn't have to override the price like they thought they were going to have to do.

They ALMOST forgot my additional 10% off, but we caught that at the last minute.

And BTW, there IS a sign that says the fabrics are on sale. It's very prominently displayed above the bolts.

So... it's sad but true: I spent another $30 on fabric today. This time I bought 3 yards of backing fabric for the kit I bought yesterday. And, I bought some Asian fabric to use on Cynthia's purse, and finally, I bought one more M'Liss Rae black and white that I thought I bought yesterday, but when I got home, realized I'd skipped it somehow.

No comments: