Thursday, January 8, 2009

Two more cards

I'm still busy, busy, busy making cards, cards, cards! Below are the two newest ones. The top one is made using a new stamping technique I read about in the latest Take Ten magazine (at least the technique is new to me). You ink up your stamp then spritz it with water and stamp it on watercolor paper. The first impression was incredibly vibrant and beautiful, but I made a card for my sick grandmother out of it and didn't get a photo before I sent it to her. The photo below shows what the second impression looks like. I still think it's pretty.




I really like this card. It's loosely based on a Poetic Artistry/Mojo Monday sketch. The sketch doesn't have the ribbon or the scallop, but instead has four pieces of paper behind the center image. If I make this card again, I'll use a square or rectangle for the sentiment rather then the circle. The mats are French Roast dark brown (they look black in the photo, but they're not).



I'll either use these two cards for the swap I'm signed up for or to send to my mom. Not sure which yet.

No comments: