Saturday, January 17, 2009

Simply Handmade!!!

This morning, when I checked my e-mail, I was soooooo happy to find an e-mail from Paige Evans from Northridge Media requesting that I send in a baby bib I submitted for publication consideration! It's for the June/July 2009 issue of "Simply Handmade!" Oh, wow! How exciting is that?!

I have to fill out a little form that lists what types of products I used on my project, and a detailed description of how it's made. Plus, I have to sign a statement that it's an original creation, that hasn't been published before, and that I give Northridge Media permission to publish it.

I can also "include any interesting tidbit about its creation." Hummmm..... that's hard. I don't have kids, and I don't even know if the thing will fit around a kid's neck (as in it's probably too big to offer much protection!). I just wrote a little statement about how wonderful 100% cotton napkins are, and that it's easy to find a texture or pattern that "fits your baby's personality (or wouldn't it be fun to match the baby's bib to the table décor?)."

I'm not allowed to post blog photos of the bib until August 1, 2009.

Oh, yeah, they're going to return my "creation" along with "scrapbooking products and two copies of the June/July 2009 issue of "Simply Handmade" about a month after the issue has been published." I wonder what kinds of scrapbooking products? That's exciting! WAA-HOOOOO!!!

No comments: